Why Learn To Sail?
People join our learn to sail courses for a variety of reasons. Perhaps you want to learn a new skill, or perhaps you enjoy the outdoors and want to keep fit, or maybe you want to be part of a thriving, friendly club. Whatever your reasons, you’ll be welcome at Trimpley.
Simply The Best
As a RYA Training Centre training courses are run by RYA qualified instructors and coaches. This means you get a structured and refined course delivered to nationally set standards and you get a recognised qualification at the end of it. Add to this Trimpley’s own brand of friendliness and hospitality and you can be assured of a thorough and enjoyable introduction to the fantastic sport of sailing.
Because Kids Learn Differently
While adults are taught at a 2 to 1 ratio, we keep kids in a group. We have loads of youth boats they can sail either on their own or buddy up. The group is led by an experienced Dinghy instructor, who will teach all the basics of sailing in lots of fun activities. Make sure you bring a spare change of clothes!
Safe, challenging, fun. You can’t learn or enjoy yourself if you’re not safe. That’s why safety is our top priority. We have two fast response safety patrol boats that are equipped to deal with a wide range of incidents. We provide life jackets or buoyancy aids to keep you afloat, which are compulsory to wear. Our experienced instructors will keep you safe, and let you know what to do in an emergency.
What We Offer
As a RYA approved training centre we offer the following RYA courses.
Dinghy Sailing Level 1 -Start Sailing
Dinghy Sailing Level 2 -Basic skills
Dinghy Sailing Level 3- Better sailing
Course details- Adult sailing course progression
Children and Youths
Youth Sailing Scheme stage 1 – Start Sailing
Youth Sailing Scheme stage 2 – Start Sailing
Youth Sailing Scheme stage 3 – Start Sailing
Youth Sailing Scheme stage 4 – Start Sailing
Course details-Youth sailing course progression
Power boat Level 1 Start power boating
Power boat Level 2 Powerboat handling
TSC learn to sail courses runs at weekends. Most courses are 16 hours over 2 days and include club membership so you can keep practising even after you course is finished
Sailing Doesn’t Have To Be Expensive
The club is a charity with the purpose of promoting sailing in the local area, and we want everyone to be able to join in. Because we’re not a commercial venture, we can keep prices low.
Don’t Take Our Word For It
We think our courses are one of the best ways to learn to sail. Here’s what some of our past participants have to say about it:
- Friendly club, lot’s of help and knowledge on hand, everyone should try it.
- A great friendly place to learn & refresh sailing knowledge.
- Wonderful to learn to sail with my 13-year-old son.
- Great fun, and gave me the skill and confidence to start sailing, helping me to do something I have wanted to do for years but did not know where to start – would recommend it to anyone.
- A great starter course – friendly and enjoyable.
- A truly professional and friendly club that made my daughter and myself welcome. We have learnt a lot and will enjoy doing a lot more sailing with them.
- Training in a very relaxed atmosphere where you can go at your own pace.
- A really helpful & fun experience.